Sunday, March 27, 2011

Burrito Fridays

Every other Friday since the beginning of time, or maybe only a couple of years, the two tax managers in my department and a guy from revenue have held Burrito Fridays. The revenue guy lives by the Super Taqueria on Damonte Ranch and picks up breakfast burritos for the group on his way into the office.

Now, you’ve probably gotten to know me well enough to know that if there’s some form of food group, I want to be part of it. And this was a group I wanted into.

I started with the chorizo burrito, but I discovered that it was rather spicy. Even for my growing tolerance for spice (thanks to the Resident Taste Tester). So then I moved on to the machaca burrito, which tasty shredded beef in a breakfast burrito. Usually the revenue guy will get the chorizo and I’ll get the machaca so we can hedge. That’s just enough spicy chorizo for me to handle. And so you don’t think I’m overindulging, I usually eat half for breakfast and save the rest for my lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment