Thursday, July 29, 2010

That's How I Roll!

They see me rollin'
They hatin'
Patrollin' trying to catch me riding dirty!

Ok, just one more, I swear.

A little rock and roll!

Do you get it yet?

I'm in a fondant class!

Cause we roll out the fondant!?

Well I thought it was funny.

Anyhow, my adventures in cake continue with my awesome teacher, The Gum Paste Lady, and my new cake making friend, The "Other" Martha (which was her choice of nickname).

So for our first class, we learned how to cover a round cake and make gum paste daisies and leaves. Maybe it was having the Gum Paste Lady standing next to me while I was putting the fondant on, but it really wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be.

Or maybe it was just beginner's luck and my next cake will be a cracking mess of a cake worthy of Kerry Vincent judgment. But seriously, much love and shout-outs go to the Biggest Little Cake Shoppe. Without them, I couldn't have made my own birthday cake!

Truthfully, I can't even remember what kind of cake this was. I'm fairly certain that it was a plain yellow cake with plain old canned frosting. It's easy enough that I can throw a cake together when I get home from work. I'll get more creative when work slows down.

Not too shabby for my first fondant cake! I know you've been seeing a lot of cakes lately, but that's really all I have time for these days. But I've got plenty of cool stuff on the way for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment