Friday, November 12, 2010

A Discussion on Bacon

Can we chat for a second about bacon? I think that we should. I feel like this is an important topic that we really need to discuss.


Bacon is amazing!


That's all. I mean, seriously, what more could I tell you about it? It's good stuff.

Oh! You wanted me to tell you what to do with it? Gotcha. Well friends, I like to put it in chocolate chip cookies!


Do you see that? Yup! That's what we in the biz like to call a "bacon chocolate chip cookie." Let's take a closer look at this.


Uh huh. Those big chunks of goodness are none other than crispy pieces of bacon. I just cooked about 5 or 6 slices of thick bacon and then crumbled it into my usual chocolate chip cookie recipe.

Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies
adapted from Pillsbury Best Desserts

5-6 slices of bacon
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
1 1/2 cups butter, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 eggs
4 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 12 oz. pkg. semi-sweet chocolate chips

  1. Cook bacon until crisp. Cool and crumble into pieces.
  2. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. In large bowl, combine sugar, brown sugar, and margarine; beat until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs; blend well. Add flour, baking soda, and salt; mix well. Fold in chocolate chips and bacon pieces.
  3. Drop dough by rounded tablesppoons onto ungreased cookie sheets.
  4. Bake at 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Be careful not to overbake them.


No comments:

Post a Comment