Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Christmas in January!

So, by telling you that this blog is about the Christmas cookies I made, it's clearly an incredibly late blog entry since it's now about a month after Christmas.

And I know that I'm kinda sorta half-assing (yes Mom, I know you don't like that word) this blog anyways because I'm not giving you all the recipes and details for each cookie.

And I'm also aware that I still can't seem to take a picture without getting weird shadows in different parts of it. You would never believe that I took two years of photo in high school. Sorry to disappoint you, Ms. P.

But the bottom line is it's my blog and I'll do what I wanna!

So here is the unveiling of the cookie platters that were given and consumed more than a month ago!

From the top left and working clockwise:

Expresso Chocolate Shortbread (recipe by Dorie Greenspan)

Salt and Black Pepper Cocoa Shortbread (recipe also by Dorie Greenspan - the woman knows her shortbread)

Chocolate Chip Cookies (my favorite chocolate chipper recipe, also found here less the bacon this time)

Rolled Sugar Cookies with Royal Frosting Icing (cookie recipe by Dorie Greenspan) and hand-drawn Christmas decor by yours truly (I love edible markers!)

Butter Rum Cookies (recipe by Martha Stewart)

Maybe it's just the drunk in me, but I personally liked the butter rum cookies the best. At some point in life, there will be a repeat of those coming from my kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment