Monday, February 22, 2010

Happy National Pancake Day!!

In keeping with tradition, my office celebrated National Pancake Day with two incredible rounds of pancakes!! Yes, I know, last year we celebrated National Pancake Week, which was a fabulous week of pancake eating competition between me and Lea, my quantity control expert. (By the way, I won that contest.) But this year it was just too much work to do pancakes every day, so it was shortened down to one day of pancake heaven.

My pancake-making area, also known as my desk


I kicked off the morning with Round 1 of pancakes: cinnamon griddle cakes. From my ongoing and dedicated research of allrecipes.com, I found the following recipe for cinnamon pancakes: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Cinnamon-Griddle-Cakes/Detail.aspx

My cinnamon roll pancakes cooking


These were amazing!! It was like a cinnamon roll in pancake form, complete with the frosting on top. The pancakes followed a basic pancake recipe, but had a ton of cinnamon added to them. I read the reviews on allrecipes and decided against the corn syrup so they wouldn't be super sweet. We noted that they could probably pass as whole wheat pancakes since they were so dark, so we felt slightly healthier as we added more frosting to them...


My quantity control expert, diligently working on a cinnamon pancake

After digesting the first round, the quantity control expert took over and served up some outstanding pumpkin pancakes. I don't have her recipe (maybe she'll posted it for me...), but you could smell the pumpkin and all the spices in the pancakes. With the pumpkin, it was slightly harder to tell if they were done, but they were incredibly moist!


Making her tasty pumpkin pancakes

"These things are unruly!!" ~The Quantity Control Expert

Both recipes turned out to be keepers that will be made again. While we both ate a lot of pancakes, there was no competition this year and it was nowhere near the insane amount of pancakes we ate last year. Overall, National Pancake Day was a win!!

No comments:

Post a Comment